Wednesday, April 24, 2024

EOTO Reaction Post: Motion Picture

After doing my own research on the fax machine, I had the opportunity to learn about other technological advancements from my classmates. Although all of the inventions were interesting, the most notable one to me was the motion picture. The reason I chose to talk about this invention is because I have always been fascinated by the idea of the camera, or taking a picture or video in general. The camera has had a great impact on the world, as it has changed the trajectory of capturing a moment or a memory.

Louis Le Prince was the first inventor of the first motion picture camera in 1888 using only a strip of film and a singular lens. The first film that was invented was also in 1888 and it was called Roundhay Garden Scene. Directed by Prince, this film paved the way for other motion pictures in the future. Later on, the Warner Brothers released the “Jazz Singer” on October 6th, 1927. This film was a turning point in cinematic history. 

20 years later, the cinematic industry made a huge jump by turning black and white movies into color. A fun fact I learned during this presentation by Grace Ann was that “The Wizard Of Oz” has been mistaken for the first color film. This shocked me because growing up as a child, I always viewed The Wizard of Oz as the first movie to break history. However, “A Visit to the Seaside” was the first short film that used the Kinemacolor process. 

I really enjoyed Grace Ann’s presentation of the motion picture because I truly never knew the history behind it. Considering I didn’t know what the first real color film was, I learned a lot that I did not know before! Without the creation of the first motion picture, who knows when or how the concept of shows or movies would’ve been invented! 

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33198686


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship with Social Media and Technology

For as long as I could remember, social media has always been a part of my life. I have been exposed to the internet and social media since ...